Thursday, March 22, 2012

Birth Day

On Thursday, March 22nd we were scheduled to have the c-section! We were 38 weeks pregnant and I was getting REALLY uncomfortable so I was definitely ready, but terrified to have surgery. My parents came into town on Wednesday and we all were ready to leave for the hospital at 1:00 for our 3:00 surgery time. Here we are just before heading to the hospital...
When we got to the hospital I was taken straight to pre-op and hooked up to an I.V. and monitors to monitor the babies' heartbeats and contractions. While waiting for the doctor to get there I started having a lot of contractions, so I am convinced I wouldn't have made it much longer than that date anyway. At about 3:30 (the doctor was late) the doctor came in and said there was an emergency C-section they had to do so we would be doing the surgery around 6:30. That was disappointing to say the least, as I was contracting and I already hadn't eaten for 8 hours, which is torture for a pregnant woman my size!
Finally, at 6:45(ish) I was taken back to the O.R while Phil waited in his scrubs outside. I got prepped and received my spinal block. Once my legs were numb they started surgery and Phil was able to come in.
Charlie was born at 7:03, weighing 6lb 15oz and measuring 18 in. long.
Ethan was born at 7:04, weighing 7 lb and measuring 19 in. long.
Proud Papa
All four of us
They both scored 9 on their Apgar score and came out screaming. After they were born, Phil was able to take them to quickly see our family in the waiting room on the way to recovery. I was still in the O.R. getting sewn back up...ew.
Phil introducing the boys...
Everyone

1 comment:

  1. So nice to hear the story in mama's words! :) So glad you and the boys are healthy. Can't wait to meet them in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete