Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Are they twins?

What I really want to say when people ask this question:

Answer #1: Nope, born a week apart! 
Answer #2:  Nope, playdate! 
Answer #3: Nope, best friends! 

Really people?  Yes, obviously they are twins.  They look EXACTLY alike and who would be carrying around two babies if they weren't?  Now I realize this may make me sound rude, but after the first 10 times I've heard this question I feel like people should have a better opening question when they want to talk to a parent of multiples.  Also, I am always nice and politely say yes and answer their questions because just because this person is the 100th person to ask me, they don't know that and are just interested... :) 

1 comment:

  1. hahaha get used to it; welcome to my world. although my girls are identical, too, they are about an 1" apart in height and 2 lbs in weight, but they are OBVIOUSLY sisters and no way look to be a year or more apart! people also stop us to tell us they are twins, have twins, know twins, know someone with twins, etc...the best part about having a single baby with our 2nd pregnancy was the LACK of attention i get if i'm running errands alone with him...sigh...you gotta love it! xo

    ReplyDelete