Friday, February 24, 2012

34 week growth scan and check-up

Wednesday we had our second growth scan to make sure the boys were growing at a good pace. Surprise! They are fine and HUGE! One is weighing 7lb7oz (he's laying across my belly right under/in my ribs, transverse position) and one is weighing 6lb4oz (he is laying head down, vertical). The tech seemed very surprised because we have 5 weeks left until our scheduled c-section and they are both weighing full term for a singleton pregnancy.

Now, usually twins are not the size of full term singletons so I was a little concerned. I don't have gestational diabetes which is usually the cause for larger babies so I was eager to go talk to the Dr. on Friday....

Friday rolls around and Phil and I are in the room waiting for the doctor to come in. Our doctor walks in and immediately says, "So you make some big babies huh?". Apparently! We talked about whether or not that was a bad thing and he said no because everything else looks great.

He does want to run another glucose tolerance test just to make sure my blood sugar is OK. I get to drink that gross drink again and have my blood drawn twice in 1 hour :( I also asked if he still wants me to go 5 more weeks until I am 39 weeks and 1 day. He said well since it's 39 weeks we can move it up to 38 weeks, especially since they are such a great size. So it looks like we may be moving it up, still waiting to hear from him.

He also said there is only a 50/50 chance I will make it to my c-section date, so it could be any day now. I feel like a ticking time bomb.... just waiting to go off! Kinda crazy that they can come at any minute. For now, I am trying to take it easy, especially when I start having contractions, but still feeling pretty good.


1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Lauren for hanging in there! Can't wait to meet my new nephews!!

    ReplyDelete